If you want to protect your products against contamination of dirt and moisture, PE-film packaging is often the best solution. It is an effective way to reduce the risk of damaged products before they reach customers. Hence a correct film packaging minimizes your resource consumption.
However, PE-film is also a resource that you should use wisely, and try to minimize. This can be done by utilizing a film-saving packaging technology like RoRo StretchPack®.
Reduce film consumption by up to 60%
One of the main benefits of the RoRo StretchPack® technology is how a tubular PE-film is being stretched before packaging. A tubular PE-film smaller than the product is stretched and provide a tight packaging of the product. The tight packaging provides significant reductions in film consumption. In customer cases, we have seen film-saving by up to 60% or more compared to conventional packaging solutions (orbital wrapping, heat shrink, stretch wrapping).
The tubular PE-film is 100% recyclable. Currently film suppliers are introducing film based on fossil-free bio-polyethylene, and also film containing up to 50% recycled materials.
Stretching the film tube when packaging enables significant film-savings by up to 60%.
UN Sustainable Development Goal 12
The film-savings supports targets within UN SDG 12: Responsible consumption and production with these benefits:
- Film-consumption can be reduced by up to 60% or more
- Minimal film waste in production since the film rolls are emptied 100%
- Reduction in film to be handled by the end-user
- The tubular stretch film is 100% recyclable
- A tubular stretch film based on fossil-free bio-polyethylene are available
- Tubular stretch film containing up to 50% recycled materials is available - this ratio is increasing
- 100% waterproof packaging prevents damaged products (reduced waste)